Countdown to SUMMER…Let’s Do This!
Summer is almost here…ARE YOU READY? If not, kick off the weekend with this killer full body workout! All you need is a pair of dumbbells and a jump rope. If it’s a beautiful day where you are, then just do the 5 minute intervals of running outside. I did this on Wednesday and my CORE and LEGS were feeling it. Oh and this can all be completed in 60 minutes! #noexcuses
Some other great tips for getting ready for summer:
- Hydrate: Make sure you are drinking lots of water! Eliminate soda and sugary drinks that are adding extra unnecessary calories. If water bores you, make sure to add cucumbers, lemon, or frozen berries to add some fresh flavor! Or try seltzer!
- Prepare your Meals & Workouts: Spend some extra time on Sunday to prepare your meals and write out your workouts to keep you accountable, which will make it a lot harder to cheat or eat out.
- Cut back on sugar and salt! You might be surprised as to how much extra sugar and salt you are consuming, especially if you are eating out on a frequent basis. Flavored coffee drinks, alcohol, canned or processed foods can be the culprit for bloating, drowsiness, and sugar highs. Cut back and prepare your meals, so you know what you are eating! Your body and mind will thank you later.
- Lift heavier weights: Stop lifting those 2-5 lbs dumbbells and pick up some heavier weight! Increasing the workload builds more muscle that torches fat all day long. It will help you slim down and sculpt sexy strong muscles. What’s not to like about that?
- Sign up for a Event: This is a great way to stay motivated and get in shape! There are so many different races available these days, so there should be no excuses as to why you can’t find one, that fits your needs. Check out Dirty Girl Mud Run or Danskin Triathlon and get a group of your friends together and sign up for a fun challenge.
- Train Outside: Try to take some of your workouts outdoors to give you a mood boost, soak up some Vitamin D, and get a nice healthy glow. It’s a nice change up from the gym and you can still get a killer sweat session in.
Let me know how it went and how you are feeling tomorrow! I love hearing from all of you and feel free to ask any questions that you may have. Enjoy your FRIDAY and have a wonderful weekend!