Good Morning and Happy Monday! I’m so excited about today’s post! No better way to start off the week, then with a success story of one of my on-line clients. I hope that everyone had a wonderful weekend and here’s to a great week of beautiful, sunny weather, hard workouts, and delicious clean eats. Make it count!
It’s been a while since I’ve done a spotlight on my friends and I am THRILLED to do one on a friend and client! I’d like to introduce you to Michael Fitzpatrick! Michael and I grew up down the street from each other and have know each other for most of our lives. When I moved back east, Michael reached out to me about working together and of course was more than willing to help. Through my on-line training, Michael has been a AWESOME client. He’s hard working, dedicated, and determined. His hard work has truly paid off and it shows! Look at his results:
December 5, 2011:
- Weight: 193
- Body Fat Percentage: 27.34%
January 3, 2012:
- Weight: 192
- Body Fat Percentage: 25.94%
February 7, 2012
- Weight: 181
- Body Fat Percentage: 20.9%
I asked Michael if he’d be willing to do a Q & A for me about his experience with on-line training. Please read below!
- Who are you? My name is Michael FitzPatrick and I live in Morristown, NJ. I love sports, exercising, the beach and almost any outdoor activity (hiking, kayaking, etc.). I am 33 years old, single and have been self-employed for the past 10 years. I specialize in long term care planning and insurance, so I get an enormous amount of satisfaction helping people and families protect themselves against the devastating financial and emotion costs that are typically associated with providing care for a loved one (either at home or in some sort of facility or nursing home). I mention these things specifically because they play a significant part in why I hired Katie Uhran as my “Fitness Coach/Mentor.” I would consider myself very productive, disciplined, efficient, actively involved, social, creative and hard-working. Also, I know what I know…and I know what I don’t know…However, it is usually the things I don’t even know that I don’t know that act as my “blindspots” in life. As a result, I seek coaches or mentors in my life, for critical areas, who are experts in their field, much like I am in my business field. I have someone that helps me with my finances, another person who acts as my spiritual director, another mentor for my business, and Katie Uhran for my health. I look at having these coaches/mentors in my life as bumper lanes in the bowling alley! They are designed to help me achieve the highest score possible by providing support, when needed, so that appropriate course-correction takes place and gets me back on track!
- What made you reach out to She Rocks Fitness? I have known Katie since we were in Nursery school and I have been following her Facebook posts and blogs over the past 5 years. So, I have been truly impressed by her understanding and dedication of fitness and nutrition. I knew that Katie had insights and knowledge in an area that I was clueless, yet had a strong desire to want to know better. I have hired trainers at the gym in the past, but it was prohibitively expensive. I have gone to the gym on my own and attempted to do whatever I felt were the right exercises, but felt like I didn’t have any focus, purpose or direction in my workouts. So, I reached out to Katie because, again, she is the expert and I wanted to create a more focused game plan that gave me purpose each and every time I went to the gym.
- What is your favorite thing about on-line training? I LOVE getting the email delivered to my inbox every Sunday night like clockwork! I know that once I receive that program, the rest is up to me. I don’t have a problem getting to the gym; my problem was not knowing exactly what to do once I got there. Katie’s online training programs solve that problem for me!
- What has been the most rewarding part of this fitness journey? Hardest? My cardio has improved exponentially and I have a lot more energy than I’ve had in a long time. As I’ve gotten a little older, it gets easier and easier to slowly let your health slip away. This program forced me to face reality, get my body fat measurements, and so on. Then each month, we tracked my body fat %, weight, etc. It’s not rocket-science…If you do A then you get B. Prior to Katie’s program, my A was nothing…I was eating what I wanted, drinking what I wanted and exercising when I wanted to. As a result, my B was gaining weight (especially in the stomach area), decreased cardio and not operating with good energy…My A and B are polar opposite today than they were 3 months ago! The hardest part is literally getting to my car in the morning to get to the gym. It is SO easy to want to roll back over and go back to sleep, but every single time I leave the gym I say WOW…I can’t believe I almost didn’t come! It really is a human psychological phenomenon!
- What motivates you? In general, what motivates me is becoming the best version of myself day by day. I love growing, striving, reaching, learning, playing, having fun and positive interactions with others. With regards to my health and what motivates me there, I believe that our bodies were given to us by our Creator and I feel that it is my responsibility to treat it with respect and treat it well. Part of that is being more cognizant of what I put into it (food and nutrition) and how I treat it (exercise). Selfishly, I am motivated by the increased energy I receive and the positive self image that being in shape provides. Other than than, I am just motivated to live a balanced life and part of that is my health!
- Name one fitness goal for 2012! Hmmmm…It’s tough to decide one between my top 3: Running 5 marathons, 2 decathlons and being on the front of Men’s Health. Totally kidding! Seriously though, my one fitness goal would be to follow Katie’s online program for one consistent year…That would be a HUGE game changer in my life!
Thank you Michael for sharing your experience with my readers! If you have never tried on-line training or would be interested in working with me, please feel free to e-mail me at: email@example.com. I would love to hear from you and/or work with you! ENJOY the start of a new week and the beautiful weather that lies ahead!