Winter Obsessions…Part I
HIGH-FIVES IT’S FRIDAY! It’s been a busy week filled with lots of clients, great workouts, some pretty early mornings and late evenings, and the arrival of winter. Winter took long enough to get here, but the colder temperatures are definitely here. I hope that all of you had a wonderful week, that was filled with healthy eats and killer workouts. Before I kick off my much needed “Girls Weekend Away”, I wanted to share with you some things that I’ve been slightly obsessed with, this winter. I know you have some too, so feel free to share!
- Full Body Circuit:This is a great warm-up to do before your strength training. Do 3 sets with a 1-Minute rest in between each. This takes a total of 15 Minutes! A great way to get your heart rate up and all your muscles ready to ROCK!
- 50 Jumping Jacks
- 20 Reverse Lunges
- 10 Squat Jumps
- 20 Squats
- 60 Mountain Climbers
- 15 Push-Ups
- 1-Minute Plank
- Double Chocolate Peanut Butter: Do I really need to say more! Thanks to Kate Horning of “A Healthy Passion”, who sent me this delicious jar of nut butter. It’s heavenly and a great way to get your sweet tooth fix. I especially enjoy a “heaping” tablespoon of it on a protein pancake. I’m thinking of using the last bit tomorrow on whole wheat toast with a sliced banana and some honey….YUMMY! So sad to see this jar be empty!
- Lululemon Mittens: I’ve said it multiple times before, but I’m FREEZING all the time and my hands are always cold. So when I went into the store a couple of months ago, I immediately snagged them. I’m so glad I did, because I haven’t seen them back in the store since. They are so warm, comfy, and perfect for long winter runs! These keep my fingers nice and toasty. I’m giving myself a high-five, because warm hands=happy Katie!
- Long Winter Runs: I’ve made a big effort this winter to make sure I get more workouts outdoors. After working in the corporate gym last winter, I was miserable. There was very little fresh air or sunshine available. I’m much happier, obviously in so many ways, but having the flexibility to train clients outdoors and a more flexible schedule, afternoon runs are becoming a regular, and they feel so good. On Wednesday I did 8+ miles in between clients and ROCKED it! It felt so good to soak up the sun, run a long distance, and just go! Running makes me happy!
- Kale: I don’t know what took me so long to jump on the “kale train”, but I’m on it and loving it. I cannot get enough of kale! Lately, I’ve been having it at least once a day. I either saute it with veggies and then top it with 2 fried eggs or I make kale chips and have it as a side for dinner. See the picture below…This was fabulous and so easy!
- Disconnecting: I spend a decent amount of time on the computer during the week and usually on Sundays, when I’m trying to plan for the week ahead. It’s important for me to turn the computer off, walk away, and enjoy the “real” things in life…family, friends, pets, a good meal, and the great outdoors! With that being said, I’m signing off and going to spend a weekend with a great friend to do lots of girl stuff, enjoy delicious food, wine, and other fun things. Ciao!
Are you able to take a break from the Internet every once in a while?