What I Eat on REST DAYS!
I was so glad I chose Tuesday as a rest day, because it was nasty outside and my body was not going to be doing any physical activity! I like taking a FULL day off during the week, because it allows me to focus more on my clients, rather than worrying about when I’m going to squeeze in a workout. Plus, it was cold, rainy, and grey. Not very motivating weather, but at least my clients were ready to rock. I had put together some great workouts for my women. They all did great, pushed through, succeeded in getting a good sweat, and were still smiling in the end.
So let’s take a look at what I typically eat on my “rest days”! In the past, I was trying to consume less on days I wasn’t training and had found multiple times that it would backfire on me and I would end up being starving before going to bed. Not a fun feeling! So after some experimenting, I have found that what works for me is to just stick to eating almost the exact amount as I would on training days. Again, this is what works for me. Remember: Experiment!
Thanks Jenn for always hosting! You are a rock star!
- 1 scoop Double Chocolate Whey Protein
- 1 egg
- 1 T Mila
- 2 T unsweetened almond milk + 2 T water
- 1/2 c raspberries + 1/2 c blackberries (mixed into batter, while cooking)
- 1 “heaping” T of Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter by Kate Horning of “A Healthy Passion”
- 2 handfuls of kale
- 2 fried eggs
- Small handful tomatoes
- 1/2 c corn
- 1/4 c lentils
- Chopped onion, lots of garlic powder and red pepper flakes
- Slice of Swiss cheese
- Large apple with cinnamon
- Costco Pizza (I buy the large ones and then cut them into 1/4’s and then freeze) Love this meal!
- Added toppings included: handful of broccoli and cherry tomatoes
- Frank’s Red Hot
- Garlic Powder and Red Pepper