It’s Finally The Weekend…
Whew…I’m kind of glad that it’s the weekend, because I’m exhausted! It’s been a whirlwind of a week and with so much talk about goals, expectations, and the end of the holiday season, it was emotionally and physically exhausting. But on a positive note, it was a great week for business. I trained lots of clients who have made progress, who are feeling more motivated, seeing changes, and feeling BETTER, which matters most to me. Living an active and healthy lifestyle should make you feel GOOD!
Saturday morning started with helping out at the yoga studio bright and early at 7:00 AM. Instead of taking class, I decided it was important to give Miss Kala some exercise and love, so we went on a nice crisp run around the park. It was just what I needed. The hardest part of running outdoors in winter is well said by the quote below: Once you get moving, it feels so good! We did a little over 30 minutes with a decent amount of hills. I fueled up with a quick snack before heading out to train a client and then had a more substantial breakfast when I got back. Delicious oats how I love thee!Some of the highlights of this week…random, fun, inspirational, and well awesome:
- On Friday night, I realized that I apparently had a craving for Mexican food this week, because I had Shrimp Quesadilla 3 nights in a row! HA! My favorite combo was: spinach, corn, goat cheese, onion, red pepper, and 2 whole wheat tortillas. Each night I mixed it up with different veggies, but still…Oops!
- I fell out of side crow on Melissa’s Monday night class at Powerflow! I came so close to literally being laid out on the floor, but somehow I was able to catch myself. Instead of being frustrated and embarrassed, I actually just laughed at myself and got right back up. In yoga, sometimes you have to fall. It keeps you honest.
- I booked a flight to visit a great friend for under $100 for a girls weekend! I’m sticking to one of my 2012 goals to travel more, quit making excuses, and just get out there and have fun. High-Fives to Jetblue!
- After reading this much talked about article regarding yoga and injuries, I realized that with my practice, sometimes I need to take a step back, listen to my body, and do what feels good. Yoga should not be painful. In yoga, sometimes it is very important to put your ego to the side!
- My younger sister sent me this picture of “possibly” the new addition to her household. His name is Burt! Another golden retriever added to this family? Golden Retrievers are the cutest puppies EVER. Mom has one, I have one, and she already has one. Not sure how Miss Maddy is going to feel about this guy!
- I just received a new product from a friend and cannot wait to try it out and also do a review of it sometime next week. Have you ever heard of Mila? I hadn’t either, but I’m really interested in learning and trying it out. Click here!
- I’m so excited to go out this evening with a good friend for sushi and cocktails! After so much meat and decadent side dishes, fresh fish, different flavors, and spices is just what I need! Plus, I’m looking forward to some good people watching, and putting on some heels…Oh it’s the little things!
Have a wonderful, active, and healthy weekend! Take advantage of these sunny and abnormally warm days and get your Vitamin D! Let me know How you are challenging yourself this weekend?