30 Minute Body Blast
Happy Friday! It’s a beautiful fall morning here on Nantucket Island and it felt SO GOOD last night to finally sleep, not only a decent amount of hours, but also through the night. I ate an early dinner and turned the lights off at 9:30 PM and woke up at 7:00 AM. High-Fives! I think it is the ocean air that magically puts you to sleep up here and I’m 100% okay with that. I decided to come up here for a long weekend with my good friend Val to enjoy the Indian Summer, eat fresh seafood, drink some delicious wine, and just have a fun girls weekend away. Life is way too short! I especially like this quote from Dr. Seuss: “If you never did, you should. These things are fun, and fun is good.”
So let’s talk WORKOUTS! I put together this 30 Minute Body Blast after my clients on Wednesday morning, right in my little studio. I wanted to start experimenting with high repetitions, less equipment, and less time. I was also planning on doing a yoga class later in the evening, so a longer workout would have been way too much. Lady Gaga was blaring in the background and I got right into it. I was sweating, heart rate up, muscles tired, and it was just what I needed. Try it out at the gym or at home (if you have the equipment) and let me know your thoughts. You will need: stability ball, resistance band, and a TRX Suspension Training.
- 50 TRX Squats
- 50 TRX Biceps Curls
- 50 Row with resistance band
- 50 Mountain Climbers
- 50 Shoulder Press with 5lbs dumbbells
- 50 Crunches on stability ball
- 50 Leg Curl with Stability Ball
- 50 Crunches with feet on stability ball (reach for outer edge of ball)
Rest 1-Minute between each circuit!
As for my workouts this week, this is what it looked like and looks like until Sunday. I’m attempting to tackle a 12 mile run this morning. What better place to do a long distance run…Right?
- Sunday: 7.5 Mile run
- Monday: Vinyasa Yoga at Powerflow & Lindsay Cotter’s 100’s Workout
- Tuesday: 1:30 Minute bike ride
- Wednesday: 30 Minute Body Blast & Vinyasa Yoga at Powerflow
- Thursday: OFF
- Friday: 12 Mile Run on Nantucket (going to head out around 10:00 AM)
- Saturday: Easy Run with Val…TBD 😉
- Sunday: OFF
Have you seen the new cover of Harper’s Bazaar with Lady Gaga? What do you think? I think it’s pretty awesome…Have a wonderful weekend!