Workout Schedule: First Week of August
I cannot believe that it is already August! This summer is flying by WAY too quickly for me. As I was looking over my calendar, I realized that I have set a lot of challenges for myself this month and hoping that I can accomplish all of them. It’s going to be a busy month, but a good one both physically, nutritionally, and mentally. Here are my top 3 challenges for the month of August:
- Gran Fondo Bike Ride: August 28th. This is going to be my first Century Ride and I’m nervous! Not really sure what I’ve gotten myself into, so this to say the least should be the biggest challenge of the month! 🙂
- Powerflow Yoga Studio: After a 3 month break from yoga, I recently signed up at my favorite yoga studio in NJ for an unlimited pass for the month of August. I want to go 3 times a week for the month and hope this will help with my cycling.
- Summer Recipes: To cook a new recipe for my Mom once a week. It’s a simple challenge that I’m excited to do, because what better way to thank Mom! Last week I made delicious stuffed Greek turkey burgers and I got the seal of approval. Mom’s always the most honest critic.
So as I sat in front of my computer, writing out my long list of things that I need to do, while eating this delicious breakfast…I figured let’s tackle a easy “To Do” list:
My Workout Schedule. I like to plan this ahead of time. I look forward to it and it allows me to think of new workouts, running and bike routes, and no excuses to not workout. 😉 So here is what the schedule looks like:
- Sunday: 2 Hour Bike Ride: DONE
- Monday: Morning Yoga: DONE/Strength Training
- Tuesday: OFF…YES
- Wednesday: Morning Yoga/Strength Training
- Thursday: Bike Ride
- Friday: Run/Strength Training
- Saturday: Morning Yoga
- Sunday: OFF
“Learn to find places of healing. Learn to find people, places, events, and rituals that work for you. Don’t worry about how to find them or wait for someone to point them out. They’ll call to you, or you’ll call them into your life” -Melody Beattie
What’s your workout schedule look like this week? Do you plan your workout schedule for the week or just decided the day of?