What I’m Eating this Summer…All about prep work!
Happy Hump Day! It’s going to be another HOT day in Jersey, but at least the sun is shinning. I’ll take the heat over icy cold weather any day. Plus, it’s supposed to be hot, it’s summer. 😉 Today’s post is all about fruit, vegetables, protein, and prep work! This is what I ate on Monday of this week. My workout this day included a 1:30 minute bike ride (I signed up for my first Century Ride, which is at the end of August right here in NJ: Gran Fondo). Still cannot believe I signed up for this, but I’m excited. Always up for another challenge!
All of my meals on Monday were well-balanced, filling, healthy, and filled with color. I cannot get enough of blueberries and avocados right now. Many clients ask me how I have time to make these meals…I MAKE TIME! When I wake up in the morning, before I train and go into work, I prepare all my meals first thing while my coffee is brewing. With dinner, I prepare my side dishes and then cook my protein as soon as I get home. This usually doesn’t take longer than 30 minutes, so not a long wait at all. Total time to prepare breakfast, lunch, snack, and dinner: 30-35 minutes. Not bad right?
Take a look at my meals and let me know if you have any questions! Make sure you try the Mediterranean Quinoa Salad from Kate. It’s so easy, healthy, and satisfying. I actually made another batch tonight to pair with a steak. Delicious! Have a wonderful day and yeah for hot summers! 😉
- 1/2 c Quaker Oats
- 1 handful blueberries
- 1 handful sliced strawberries
- 1 T MaraNatha’s Almond butter
- Dash of cinnamon
- Handful chopped spinach
- 1 can of tuna
- 1/4 avocado
- 1/2 c red kidney beans
- Diced tomatoes, cucumber, red pepper, and onion
- Seasoned with garlic powder, oregano, and red pepper flakes
- Dressing: Mustard and balsamic vinegar
- 1 scoop chocolate whey protein
- 2 handfuls of spinach
- 1/4 avocado
- 1 c unsweetened almond milk
- Handful sliced strawberries
- 1/4 tsp xanthum gum
- 6 ice cubes
- Skinless Chicken Breast: stuffed with sauteed spinach, garlic, and feta cheese
- Mediterranean Quinoa Salad from Kate from “A Healthy Passion”. Love her site!