Who LOVES Training LEGS? ME!
Hey Everyone! Happy Hump Day! I hope that you all are having a wonderful week! Today was gorgeous here in Jersey…No humidity, no rain, and not a cloud in the sky. It was even a cool night, so you could wrap yourself up in your sheets without sweating. 😉 So after waking up after a deep sleep, I stepped out of bed…AND…HELLO SORE LEGS! My hamstrings, quads, and even my abs were sore. I know I’m nuts, but it felt good and this is a leg workout totally worth sharing with all you. I actually used this workout on two of my clients, both women, and both LOVED it and felt strong, toned, and yes of course their hamstrings were sore, but as they said “in a good way”! 🙂
Before I share the workout, this is what I cooked for Mom tonight and it was super easy, delicious (of course), and healthy. I love Mexican food and with fresh ingredients it’s a great summer meal. My little sister has asked me to make “idiot proof” recipes for her and this one is for her. This was all prepared on the grill, but can be done on the stove or even the George Foreman. Enjoy!
- 2x 4 ounce chicken breasts
- 4 whole wheat tortillas
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 T lite soy sauce
- 1 fresh lime squeezed
- Diced red onion, lettuce, tomato
- Mexican “reduced fat” shredded cheese
- Marinate chicken breasts with the first 3 ingredients in a Ziploc bag (as long as you would like. I left them in the fridge all day!)
- Grill chicken breasts on grill. Remove and slice.
- Place chicken, cheese, and onion in tortillas & place back on the grill for 5-8 minutes or until crisp.
- Remove and garnish with lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream, and salsa!
Warm-Up: 35 Minute on Stair Master (If you don’t have time a 10 Minute interval on the treadmill, bike, or Stair Master is sufficient enough)
Legs: Perform 3 sets of each circuit. 15 reps with a 1-Minute rest between each circuit.
- Squat while holding 25 lbs plate
- Split Squat while holding 10 lbs dumbbells
- Plank with feet on Bench (1-Minute)
- One-Leg Kettlebell Deadlift (15 on each leg)
- Walking Lunge with Twist (use 25 lbs plate)
- Stability Ball Leg Curl
- Stability Ball Bridge (place feet flat on top of ball)
- Leg Lift while holding Stability Ball in between ankles
- Leg Curl
- Leg Extension
If you have any questions about any of these exercises, please feel free to shoot me an e-mail! Interested in On-Line Training programs, also feel free to contact me. I love hearing from you! Enjoy the workout and the rest of the week!
What is your favorite Kettlebell exercise and why?