Saturday Run with Kala
I’ll high-five myself to an awesome weekend! I took care of my “To Do List”, which included one yoga class; outdoor run with Kala; retail therapy; and a night out with some new friends! So I had no problem having a lazy Sunday on the couch watching the Masters and then the Yankees. I have a new athlete crush and his name is Adam Scott. This made the Masters a lot more interesting. I’m going to try to tackle golf this summer, since I’ll be getting some golf clubs pretty soon! Thanks Jocelyn! Another outdoor sport to tackle. 🙂
It was cloudy all day, so I put in some serious couch hours, and it felt so good. Last week was pretty exhausting in all aspects, so sleeping in and laying around all day was a must and I enjoyed every minute of it. It’s amazing how quickly the weekends go by…so sad. At least tomorrow it’s supposed to be 77 degrees and sunny. Looking forward to some nice weather, long runs outside, and getting my booty ready for my first half marathon of the season!
I wanted to share this circuit with you, because it’s well AWESOME. I did this on Friday after doing 40 Minutes on the Stair Master. The entire circuit took about 40 minutes. With the Stair Master and the circuit, I ended up burning 715 calories. That’s the most I’ve burned in any workout that I have tracked with my heart rate monitor! Make sure you try it out sometime this week when you are at the gym. I will definitely be doing this again and will probably do it on Friday as well. Good luck and let me know how you feel! I love hearing from all of you!
Perform 3 sets of each circuit, performing 15 repetitions, and resting 1 FULL Minute between each…
- Squat while holding 25 lbs plate
- Step-Ups on bench (15 on each leg, no alternating)
- Plank with feet on bench (1-Minute)
- Walking Lunges with 25 lbs plate overhead (15 out and 15 back)
- 1-Arm Shoulder Press
- Dumbbell Row (alternating do 30 total)
- Jacknife on Stability Ball
- Leg Curl with Stability Ball
- Bridge on Stability Ball with feet on the ball
- Fire Hydrant
- Donkey Kick
- Renegade Row
What are your workout goals for this week?
Thank you to everyone for entering the Wildtree Giveaway! There will definitely be another one next month, so keep an eye out for it! With that being said, the beautiful and savvy chef An-Li has shared with us a great recipe that you should totally try out this week. Read below and enjoy!
Recipe of the week: Panko breadcrumb pork chops with French onion flavored potatoes and string beans!
By An-Li Tsou
- Panko Bread Crumbs
- Garlic Salt
- Black Pepper
- Lipton brand Recipe Secret Onion Flavored
- 4-5 medium size potatoes (can substitute with sweet potatoes)
- Egg whites
- Frozen string beans
- 3 thin sliced porkchops
- Lite olive oil
- 3 garlic gloves
- The potatoes take the longest to bake so start by stabbing holes into each potato with either a fork or a knife.
- Then place the potatoes on a plate and put them into the microwave for 15 minutes. Do not hit the ‘potato’ button on the microwave. Just warm them up normally for 15 minutes.
- While you are waiting for the potatoes to soften, you are going to pour your egg whites into a bowl. If you are using real egg whites, you will need approximately 2 eggs.
- Then dip each pork chop into the egg white mixture.
- Use a baking sheet with aluminum foil to place each of the panko breadcrumb pork chops. Spread them out evenly.
- For extra flavor sprinkle a little bit of garlic salt, paprika and black pepper over the pork chops. Make to sprinkle each seasoning on both sides.
- Leave the pork chops sitting for now and preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Now you are going to make the French Onion flavored seasoning.
- Use about 1/3 of a cup of lite olive oil and then pour 1 package of the Lipton Onion mix. Make sure to stir and flatten out any hard bits from the package.
- Now cut up the 3 garlic cloves into tiny squares. Take about half of cut up garlic gloves and sprinkle them over the pork chops. Save the other half for the string beans.
- At this point the potatoes should be soft and ready for baking. Cut the potatoes into squares. Then place them side-to-side and evenly into a big baking dish.
- Sprinkle a tiny bit of garlic salt, paprika and black pepper over the potatoes.
- Now pour the onion seasoning and olive oil over the potatoes. Use your hands to mix everything up evenly.
- Place both the potatoes and pork chops into the oven. Plan to leave the potatoes in the oven for about 15 minutes. Leave the pork chops in for about 10 minutes and then flip them onto the other side for another 10 minutes.
- Now you are going to take the frozen string beans and place them onto a frying pan. Use enough for 3 servings
- Use spatula to move around and defrost. After they are starting to cook use the rest of the garlic cubes and sprinkle them over the string beans for flavor. Can also add red pepper flakes.
After they are finished the potatoes and pork chops should be ready and you’re all set to have some scrumptious dinner! Enjoy 🙂
My dog was very excited when I dropped some potatoes on the floor. He was eyeing them and ready to pounce!
Are you cooking something new this week? If so, what? Or are you trying a new workout? Please share your plans with me. I love hearing from you. 🙂