Small Changes Here and There…
Good Morning! This winter has been pretty pretty pretty redunkulous! There isn’t really much to say anymore, because it’s just expected that we will get a storm at least once a week, the sun only shows itself maybe twice a week, and the chances of seeing green grass, well that definitely won’t be happening until April. 🙂 So who is excited now? Like I’ve said before, the weather is out of our control, so might as well just grin and bear it, continue to eat well, exercise hard, try new classes, and take advantage of your slow cooker!
Today I wanted to share with you what I’ve been eating lately, because I have been feeling AWESOME, with little changes here and there. I do have to give a special thanks and High-Five to Lindsay Cotter and Lauren Anderson for always being there to answer my questions about protein, portion sizes, fats, substitutions, etc. You name it, I ask it and they are always there to help me! And with their help, I feel energized and healthy both inside and out. Here are some of the small changes I have been making lately:
- Cutting back on the amount of “fake” sugar I put in my morning coffee
- More vegetables at lunch and dinner (this keeps me VERY full)
- Adding a healthy fat at lunch: Goat Cheese, Avocado, or Walnuts
- Two scoops of protein to my shakes instead of one for my late snack
- Adding more protein to my breakfast & lunch (Greek yogurt, tuna, eggs: the whole egg)
- Cutting back on my salt intake (hot sauce has a lot of sodium…another DOH!)
I know that these my seem insignificant to you, but to me, they have made a huge difference in my performance while training, and while training other clients. I need lasting energy since I am on my feet for 6-7 hours straight. 🙂
So this is how I started my morning, what I’ll be eating for lunch, and my afternoon snack:
- 2 cups of coffee with unsweetened almond milk (4x equals: I was having 6…Doh!)
- 1 c Fage Total 0% Greek Yogurt
- 1 diced pear
- 1 c Kashi Go Lean
- Leftover salad from last night: lettuce, peppers, tomatoes, carrots. Dressing: Olive oil and balsamic vinegar
- 1 ounce goat cheese
- 4 diced mushrooms
- Leftover broccoli rabe that was sauteed in olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper
- Chocolate Chip Clif Bar (Needed a break from the protein shake and Clif Bars are always a good snack that usually keep me full for 3 hours!)
Well it looks like I’m going to work today and I’m “supposed” to have clients from 2-8 PM tonight. I would love if everyone showed up, but we’ll see! Stay warm today and drive safely wherever you are traveling too! Happy Hump Day!
What changes have you made in your diet in 2011? Have they made you feel better or worse? Please share with me, I’d love to hear from you.