Comfort Me With Cauliflower by: Chef Amy
She Rocks Fitness was SO SO SO excited last night to get an e-mail from friend, owner and chef of Savory to Sweet Catering, Amy. It’s been a while since Amy has shared some of her healthy, delicious, and quick put together recipes with us, because well she is a busy woman! Thanks Amy for taking the time out of your busy schedule to share this recipe with everyone. You rock! 🙂 With that being said, below I have posted her Comfort Me With Cauliflower recipe that would be absolutely perfect for a chilly fall evening. Try it out sometime this week and enjoy!
Comfort Me With Cauliflower
This is a simple soup…If you don’t like cauliflower, you can use a variety of veggies (broccoli, carrot, asparagus, parsnip,, etc.).
1 TB olive oil
2 onions, rough chop
3 leeks, cleaned and roughly chopped
3 cloves garlic, rough chop
4 stalks celery, rough chop
2 blulbs fennel (optional)
thyme, 3-4 stems
bay leave, 2 each
2 bunches, cauliflower removed from stems
2 boxes stock
Kosher Salt, to taste
White pepper, to taste
1. Add oil to dutch oven and when heated, add onions, leeks, garlic, celery, fennel, thyme and bay leaves.
2. Add chopped cauliflower and chicken stock and season with salt and pepper.
3. Simmer for 45 minutes-1 hour, or until cauliflower has softened.
4. Remove bay leaves and thyme.
5. Puree soup with stick hand blender, food processor or blender. (If using food processor or blender, puree in small batches. The heat of the soup will cause it to expand).
6. Return soup to pot and adjust seasonings.
1. With any light colored soup, I use a ‘white mirepoix’, which is pale colored aromatics (onions, leeks, garlic, fennel, celery).
2. Sweat: low heat with little fat. Cook veggies with no color.
3. White pepper has more of a bunch than black pepper so use it wisely.
Contact me at email@example.com or (973) 978-7359.