Breakfast – Workout – Lunch
She Rocks Fitness wants to share with you a sample of what my mornings and afternoons look like with both food and exercise. I prefer to workout in the morning, since I wake up early and it just fits better into my schedule. Plus, it’s nice to get it out of the way first thing! As for food, my breakfasts usually either include oats or Greek yogurt depending on how I’m feeling. I always include at least one serving of fruit and almost guaranteed a tablespoon of almond butter. Lunch can be anything from a sandwich, salad, soup, or eggs. I try here to incorporate protein, some carbs, and a healthy fat, especially since I’m usually just coming back from the gym and need to re-fuel.
- 1/2 c oats
- 1 c sliced rasberries
- 1/2 c pumpkin
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1/2 c water
I like my oats creamy, so I heat up the oats and water for 1:30 and then add the pumpkin and cook for another 1:30 and immediately add the raspberries, so it gets nice and gooey! Almond butter on top and hello breakfast! My favorite part is getting a unexpected bite of a big chunk of almond butter. Fantastic!
- 40 Minutes of Interval Training on the Stair Master (A great sweat session and I have become a huge fan of the “real” Stair Master. I have seen great improvements in my butt and quads, by using this machine 2-3 times a week!)
- Back & abdominal: 45 Minutes with 3 sets of 20 repetitions and 1 minute rest between each circuit.
- Lat Pull Down & Regular Sit-Ups on Stability Ball
- Inverted Row (10) & Reverse Crunch
- Cable Face Pull w/ External Rotation & Twist on Stability Ball
- Seated Cable Row & Plank with Fore-Arms on Stability Ball (1 Minute)
- Close-Grip Pulldown & Weighted Sit-Up on Stability Ball
- 30 Degree Lat Pulldown & Plank with Feet on Stability Ball (1 Minute)
- Rear Lateral Raise with Dumbbells & Hanging Leg Raise
- Spinach Tortilla
- Skinless chicken breast
- Sliced Almonds
- Asian Slaw
- Frank’s Hot Sauce on top
This was picked up from Costco this past weekend and probably not the most “healthy” lunch option, but it was pretty darn good and I just ate it alone, since it’s pretty filling. After a long workout, this filled me up without making me feel sluggish. Got to love Costco!
She Rocks Fitness hopes that you enjoy these exercises and recipe ideas. Feel free to e-mail with any questions you may have. I would love to hear from you! Enjoy the rest of your Tuesday! 🙂
Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or (973) 978-7359.