Cool Nights, Good Baseball, and CASSEROLES!
She Rocks Fitness finally had all the ingredients in the house to try out this casserole! A perfect night for a spicy, comforting, and reasonably healthy casserole to fill your belly, while watching a good baseball game. Thanks to Courtney from Sweet Tooth Sweet Life for posting this recipe on her blog a couple of weeks ago! I didn’t make any changes, because it didn’t need any. 🙂 Try it out on one of these cool nights. It’s easy, simple, and delicious. For sides, I made fresh guacamole served with a small bowl of tortilla chips with salsa.
- 4x ripe avocados
- 2x tbsp red onion finely diced
- 2x tbsp cherry tomatoes finely diced
- Salt, pepper, garlic, and olive oil
Mexican Chicken Casserole:
- Pre-Heat oven to 350 degrees
- 3 cups cooked chicken (I used chicken tenders & marinated them in special rub)
- 1x 10 3/4 oz can cream of chicken soup
- 1x 10 3/4 oz can cream of celery soup
- 1x 15 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1/3 c salsa
- 1x medium green pepper chopped
- 1x small onion chopped
- 2-3 tsp chili powder
- 10x whole wheat 6 inch tortillas cut into 1 inch strips
- 1 cup reduced fat shredded four cheese Mexican cheese blend
Mix the soups, tomato, salsa, green pepper, onion, and chili in a bowl. Spray a casserole dish with Pam and start layering. Use half of the tortilla strips, chicken, and soup mixture and then do one more layer, finishing the top with the remainder of the cheese. Place in 350 degree oven for 40-50 minutes, depending on how bubbly you would like your cheese. Enjoy this delicious feast! Now it is time to watch the Yankees!
Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or (973) 978-7359.