Be Thankful for…Beautiful Fall Weekends
She Rocks Fitness apologizes for the lack of posts the past few days. Things have been a little bit hectic and I honestly haven’t had time to put together worthy readable material. With that being said, it is Monday and time for a fresh start. It was another gorgeous weekend that was filled with birthdays, good take-out, shopping, outdoor time, long runs, and good reading! When Sunday evening came around and I was sitting on the couch watching the New Jersey Jets, I realized I was pooped, as were the dogs. It was a fun-filled fall weekend for everyone! Life is good.
My Fabulous Fall Weekend included:
- Fabulous “Hairdid”: Partial highlights from Brian at Laboratory Salon. My hair was way too blonde for fall and needed to be toned down a bit. He gave me the works and my hair looks fabulous. I couldn’t be more happy. 🙂
- Mom’s Birthday Take Out Dinner: The week was a little hectic and mom wanted to have some wine and take-out, since we were all pooped. So take-out it was! Dinner included my favorite Malbec: Los Alamos, along with a delicious dinner from Brasa Grille: Ribs, Chicken, Rice, French Fries, and Beans. Need I say more?
- Saturday Day Off: My body needed a rest so badly. I knew I was going to do a long run on Sunday, so this day was well-deserved, especially after my great workout on Friday. I did a 35 Minute speed/hill training on the treadmill and a 35 Minute full body circuit from One Fit Foodie. My chest was the most sore on Saturday.
- Finished Book: I love reading at night before dozing off. It is so relaxing to get under the covers on a cool night and curl up with a good book. I just finished “The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest”. These books were AMAZING and the last one was by far my favorite. Try it out this fall/winter!
- Sunday Run: This run was breathtaking! I woke up at 8:30 AM and had a fresh cup of coffee with a perfectly ripped banana and was ready to hit the pavement. I took a chance with shorts and a long sleeve and was totally comfortable. It was just me and the cyclists out this morning and that was fine with me. The sun was shining, the leaves were changing, and there was no wind. I did 7 1/2 miles in 60 minutes and felt awesome. The circuit training and speed/interval cardio training is paying off. I can feel a difference.
- Shopping at Banana Republic: Thank goodness I didn’t sit down and watch football after my run, because yesterday was the last day for 25% off your entire purchase at BR! I saved a decent amount of money on some “fall staple” items and couldn’t have been more pleased. I love shopping, when there is not only a sale, but everything fits just the way you wanted it to. 🙂
- Playing with the Dogs: Since the weather was so nice, we humans can’t be the only ones enjoying this weather! The dogs not only got lots of outdoor time, but they also got a nice walk on the trail. After going to the groomer and getting their orange ribbons for Halloween; some eggs and bacon for Sunday brunch; and 4 straight hours running around in the woods, they were just as pooped too!
Here’s to a new week that is filled with lots of new workouts, easy & healthy dinners, and the start of a new book! Enjoy these fall weekends while you can and get outside for either a run, bike ride, or just a walk around the block. Happy Monday!
Contact me at email@example.com or (973) 978-7359.