Cilantro Lime Shrimp
Happy Friday to everyone on this crisp and sunny morning! How did it already get to be the weekend? After a rainy start to the week, it looks like the weekend is going to be warm, sunny, and gorgeous. Thank goodness! After a week of lots of work, hard workouts, delicious recipes, it is time to get ready to enjoy the outdoors, time with family, and Yankees baseball! 😉
Last night, I decided to put together a healthy seafood dinner for my Mom and myself. I love cooking seafood, despite the sometimes stinky smell. Another delicious recipe that I found on Gina’s Skinny Recipes. I am becoming a huge fan of this site. My favorite feature is that she has the nutritional values for each recipe. It is nice to have this added feature to just be aware of what you are consuming. With that being said, let’s talk FOOD!
Our Thursday night dinner was: Cilantro Lime Shrimp, with sauteed mushrooms, quinoa, and a simple salad. I forgot how much I enjoy quino and made an extra large batch to use up the next few days in salads and new breakfast combos. We’ll see how it all turns out. 🙂 Here are the ingredients and directions that were used for this simple, quick, and healthy dinner, while of course watching the Yankees game:
- 1lb of shrimp
- 1/3 c chopped cilantro
- 3 garlic cloves finely diced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 fresh lime juice
- 2 c sliced mushrooms
- 1 c cooked quinoa
- Salad: Lettuce, cherry tomatoes, red pepper, carrots, cranberries, oil & vinegar.
- 2 c of water & 1 c of quinoa: Bring to a boil and cover and simmer for 15 minutes
- Saute mushrooms in olive oil with salt and pepper. Total time: 10 minutes.
- Saute shrimp in 1 tsp of olive oil (about 2 min) and flip over and add garlic.
- Saute another 2 min or until thoroughly cooked. Remove from heat and add lime and cilantro and plate.
Dinner is served! I of course added hot sauce to my quinoa and shrimp, but I’m addicted. 🙂 I hope that everyone has a wonderful weekend and I will be in touch on Monday morning.
Contact me at email@example.com or (973) 978-7359.