My Goals for the Month of October!
She Rocks Fitness has finally recovered from the weekend and is going to start this Tuesday morning off with a positive attitude and delicious couple cups of coffee! 😉 Driving up to and back in Boston in 24 hours, plus not very much sleep, and lots of gossiping with girlfriends, to the wee hours of the night leads to a long recovery. Oops! With that being said, it’s Tuesday and time for me to start fresh and with a better attitude.
It’s hard to believe that it is already October, but fall is here and as I sit here in my William and Mary Field Hockey sweatshirt, I have to come to terms that short season is pretty much over. And since it is a new month and officially a new season, I have put together my 5 Goals for the month of October. It is important to always check in with yourself and re-evaluate where you are with your health, work, fitness, and just overall happiness. So as you sit in bed tonight, take out your journal and think about what you would like to accomplish this month, because before you know it, it will be Halloween! 🙂
5 Goals for the Month of October:
- Sign up for at least 2 races: I love running and training for events and have been really lazy about not signing up for them, when this is a great time of year to get out there, try new events, and meet people. Plus, my body feels fabulous and when I’ve gone out on long runs, I’m in pure heaven. With that being said, I have my eye on the Disney Princess Half Marathon! How awesome does that sound? It’d be a great way to get out of the cold in February and re-visit my childhood memories.
- Cook with seasonal vegetables & fruit: Fall is a great time of year for cooking a lot of healthy recipes for any meal of the day. Besides my obsession of finding new oatmeal combos, I want to cook more with sweet potatoes, squash, apples, pears, and PUMPKIN! I’m looking to try out a bunch of recipes from Gina’s Skinny Recipes. Love this site!
- Take more fitness classes: It’s amazing how many different classes gyms now offer these days and I always check out the schedules, but never make an effort to go. Like my workout sessions, I can get stuck in a routine and just kind of go through the motions. Not anymore! It is time to branch out and take more spinning, kickboxing, and yoga classes. This will be a good way to keep my body guessing and train different muscles. First kickboxing class is tonight at 4:30 PM.
- Start a book club: I love reading. It is something that I try to do every night before I go to sleep. I read serious books and “easy” books, but truly enjoy laying in bed, wrapped up in the covers, and enjoying a good book. It fully relaxes me. My friend Lauren and I are going to start a book club with just the two of us and see where it takes us. It’s something that neither of us have done, but what better way to keep in touch with a friend and discuss good and bad reads.
- Be Thankful: I always think it is important to take a step back and remember how lucky I am to have a roof over my head, a supportive and loving family, wonderful friends, food on the table, and a healthy and strong body that allows to to tackle the everyday tasks in life. 🙂
Contact me at email@example.com or (973) 978-7359.