Post Exercise Snacks & Meals: by Lauren
Yeah Lauren is back to share with She Rocks Fitness another amazing piece on Post Exercise Snacks & Meals! Again, Lauren has provided all of you with healthy and easy options to make your training sessions this summer that much more successful. Read and learn and thanks again Lauren!
- Low-fat chocolate milk
- Smoothie made with 8 oz. skim, almond milk or coconut water, 1 medium banana, 1/2 Tbs ground flax or chia seeds, 1 scoop vanilla protein powder, and a few handfuls of spinach (optional)
- 1 container of fruit juice sweetened low-fat yogurt with 1/8-1/4 C granola
- A food bar made by Clif, Luna, Kashi, etc. Just make sure the carbohydrate to protein ratio is about 4:1
- Whole grain pancakes or waffles topped with with 1/4 C part-skip ricotta cheese mixed with 1/2 tsp vanilla and a sprinkle of cinnamon and 1 medium sliced banana
- 1/2 C oats cooked with 1/2 C milk, 1/2 C water, 1 serving of fruit (i.e. banana, blueberries, strawberries, etc.) topped with 1 Tbs ground flax or chia seeds and 1 Tbs chopped nuts
- Egg scramble with 1 whole egg + 2 egg whites, spinach, black beans, peppers, onions, tomato, salsa, and low-fat cheese served with a toasted whole grain english muffin or 1-2 slices of whole grain bread spread with whole fruit jam
- Chipotle burrito bowl with black beans, rice, pico de gallo, salsa, lettuce, and 1/4 C guacamole
- Sandwich made with 2 slices of whole grain bread or 1 whole grain wrap, 3 oz. sliced turkey, 1/4 avocado, 1 Tbs hummus, lettuce, and tomato served with a serving of fruit or baby carrots
- 2 oz. whole grain pasta cooked with 1/2 C marinara sauce and any veggies you may have on hand (i.e. zucchini, spinach, green beans, etc.) served with 8 oz. glass low-fat milk
- Salmon avocado sushi roll with low-sodium soy sauce and 1/2 C edamame
Remember to experiment with what works for you and your body. If you notice you feel good during a workout, try and remember what you ate after your last workout, and repeat. If you feel drained, make sure you are not skipping post-exercise nutrition and allowing yourself enough time to recover between workouts. Feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!
Contact me at email@example.com or (973) 978-7359.