Quinoa and Fresh Veggies…Awesome Summer Recipe
She Rocks Fitness wants to thank Jocelyn for putting together another delicious, fresh, and healthy summer dinner for all of our fans! This recipe is low in calories and filled with protein and fiber. A great dish for a hot summer night! Enjoy!
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup quinoa
- Cook quinoa according to package directions. Toss with olive oil & set aside
- 1/2 red onion, sliced vertically
- 3/4 cup diced tomatoes, seeded
- 4 green onions chopped
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper chopped
- 1/4 cup peeled and diced cucumber
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large fresh lemon, juiced
- 1 large fresh lime, juiced
- 1/2 – 1 seeded and deveined jalapeno pepper, diced
- 3/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle powder (or regular)
- 1/4 teaspoon ancho chilli powder (or regular)
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
Add all of the above and toss. Add 1 peeled and diced avocado and toss lightly. Add quinoa and toss lightly again. This can be served hot or cold. Could also add shredded chicken, cubed tofu, or grilled steak.
Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or (973) 978-7359.