Grilled Shrimp, Couscous with Fennel, Chickpeas and Chard
She Rocks Fitness would like to thank Lauren for finding this recipe, purchasing the ingredients and putting this all together! This was a healthy and delicious meal that ended up being perfect for a rainy night in Boulder. Lauren is an amazing cook, athlete, and a extremely knowledgeable person about nutrition. She will be posting some of her pre-workout snacks next week, so make sure to come back and check them out!
Lauren was sent this recipe from her subscription to The New York Times Online “Recipes for Health”. She Rocks Fitness has listed all of the ingredients that were used in this recipe. To see the complete recipe, I’ve attached the link to the website. If you are looking to make a quick dinner, this one unfortunately does take some time, but is so worth it. Most of the effort in this recipe is placed on the prepping. Otherwise, once it is all thrown together, the dish comes together quite quickly. Enjoy and let me know your thoughts!
- 1 lb shrimp
- 1/2 lb chickpeas, soaked in 1 quart water for 4-6 hours or overnight
- 1 bunch of swiss chard, stemmed, leaves washed and coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 leek, white part only, cleaned and sliced
- 2 medium or 1 large fennel bulb, trimmed (save fronds), cored and chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp coriander seeds, ground
- 1 tsp caraway seeds, ground
- 2 tsp cumin seeds, ground
- 1/2 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp tomato paste dissolved in 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/3 cups couscous (Lauren used whole wheat)
- Salt to Taste
Preparation is available by clicking on the link: The New York Times.
Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or (973) 978-7359.